Saturday, November 20, 2010

Days Four & Five: What goes here?

Monday was pretty useful as Karishma(my partner) worked on the programming/construction of the epic battle in the Great Hall while I was working through constructing the walls and floors and the supports for our Hogwarts castle.  I ran into a little difficulty on building, when I forgot my layout sketch in my room, but I did finish the hallway's floor as well as starting the columns that would support the floor of the room across from the great hall.  We're still trying to decide what to exactly do with the area that's across the 'hall' from the chamber of secrets, it may turn into the Potions classroom, not really sure at the moment.  Today I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked.  Neither Karishma or me could make the crafts store run, due to commitments right after class, but craft materials are not a real integral part of our project, unlike other final projects, so about that I'm not really worried for.  Below are some pictures of our progress thus far.



Harry's path to victory.

The mechanism for which Harry Potter will run to defeat Voldemort.

The underside of the hallway and parts of the support columns.

The Great Hall, in the midst of being finished, programming wise.



Friday was even a greater leap as I finished extending the floor for the third room(across the hall from the great hall) and built up the walls and ceilings.  Forgot to put in a window, but inserted one towards the end of class.  So there is our third room, Umbidge's office.  So that leaves the Room of Requirement above Umbridge's office and then Fluffy's chamber above that.  I'm pretty sure we'll have the rooms skeletoned before Thanksgiving break.  Which will be a good place to break.  Karishma worked on programing the motor for our epic battle, but the programming was starting to get fustrating as the motor wanted to turn fast one way and then incredibly slow the other.  It had something to do with the programming though, because the motor turned fine when you told it to turn this way or that at normal speed.  After fixing the programming, we ran into more problems on how to gear this part and our blocks didn't want to line up nicely when connected, so by the end Karishma and I were both fustrated with this part of the project.  We'll come back to it on Tuesday.  Here's some pictures from today's work.
Here's one of the supporting columns for Umbridge's office.

A column next to the stand in column(my water bottle) while we fixed a column.

The motor that wanted to be so difficult. :|

Unbridge's office

Another picture of Umbridge's office in relation to the Great Hall and The Chamber of Secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment